Who We Are and How We Came To Be…
Hard Ball Chemical Company manufactures and markets specialty carpet cleaning
and carpet protection chemicals for use by professional carpet cleaning
contractors. The company was founded years ago out of an idea that there must be
a better way to clean carpeting, and that the products, information, and
philosophy commonly used in the industry are self-serving to the chemical
manufacturers, and not in the professional carpet cleaners best interest.
Mike has been a successful Carpet, Furniture, Drapery and Building cleaner since
1958. He currently operates a multi-truck Carpet and Furniture cleaning business
in Lincoln, IL.
Over the years, Mike has continually searched for answers to better, more
efficient, more cost-effective cleaning products and methods. Just like many of
you, he has had a garage full of partially used or never used samples of
products and equipment that don’t perform as advertised. Frankly, he was
thoroughly disgusted with the entire carpet cleaning industry, and its apparent
“we don’t care” attitude relative to the small, independent, entrepreneurial
Bob has been manufacturing cleaning chemicals for over 20 years. In the late
‘80’s and early ‘90’s he was involved in the development of environmentally
responsible industrial process cleaning solvents which are used by electronics,
aerospace, and precision cleaning industries. We have used what was learned in
the development of those products to develop the truly effective, safe to use,
environmentally responsible professional carpet and furniture cleaning products
Our specialty cleaning chemicals for Carpets and Furniture have been produced
after years of research, some trial and error, lots of money spent, and a few
Our Chemical Production Philosophy is simple:
1. Create Quality Chemicals that are time and money saving.
2. Each chemical must be able to provide you with a variety of possible uses.
3. Each chemical must be as concentrated as chemically possible to provide you
with cost-efficient work tools.
4. Each chemical must be as safe and trouble free to use as is possible.
5. The line of chemicals will remain short, to enable us to bring you the best
value possible without sacrificing quality at any step in the process. We refuse
to over-extend our product line for no other reason than to have the biggest
6. It is our responsibility to provide you with every possible aid in using our
chemicals efficiently, safely, and cost effectively.
7. We stand TOTALLY behind every product, every procedure, and every concept. We
are here to help YOUR business succeed.